So this is what I did:
1. Marinated the spare ribs with finely julienne ginger, ground black pepper, soya sauce and hoisin sauce. Notice that I do not have specific amount for each ingredients? well, that's me. Use your heart to cook! (I dumped everything into a tupperware and shake the fella up and yank it into the fridge for few hours. )
2. Took it out 1 hour before I cook in order for the meat to be room temp.
3. Pan fry the spare ribs first and once its slightly browned...
4. mix some water into the tupperware (with the extra marinate) and pour into the spare ribs. Make sure the water level is enough to cover the spare ribs.
5. Turn the fire to low setting and let it simmer and slowly till the sauce is thicken and the spare ribs are soft enough. If you want thicker sauce, you can thicken the sauce with some corn starch powder mixed with some water.
6. Serve with rice or you can even cook it with Yee Mee (add in at step 4)
Tadaa! My braised ginger spare ribs with hoisin sauce.