Wednesday, June 02, 2010

must remember to....

Okay some of you guys wondered how the heck I manage to design, sew and handle 2 kids at the same time. Let me tell you one thing, I am not trying to be a supermum. I am just a very hyperactive person and also I like to earn my own income, to spend a lil bit of money buying things for my kids and myself without having to think 10 times before I buy something. And also, its not nice to see my bank account decreasing everyday. If you're a sahm without income, you'll know what I am talking about. If i cannot make it go up, why not i maintain it. Right? Sewing and Designing doesn't give me much, it just provide enuff for me to spend each month and trust me.. i spend very little. :~(

Nowadays I only login when my kids are asleep. If you see me online early means I have something urgent to rush or simply the Mac is on but the "human" is somewhere else. When they are awake I quickly do my laundry, cleaning and cooking. And yes, I have a part time maid that comes every wednesday. But as soon as she leave, the 2 is starting to mess up the house again. When they are sleeping, I will be in front of my mac googling for ideas for both my sewing and also my designing. When I am stucked at my design, I go sew. That is how I manage my work. So its all accumulated work, everyday abit abit abit.

Sometimes I prepare simple and fast meal. Spaghetti, Porridge, Stew and most impt for my kids - SOUP. So here is one of the recipe i did last night. Very nice.....the chicken is very soft and suitable for kids.



Yesterday was one of my smooth sailing day. The laundry all done, the Soup being cooked very early, Lunch prepared, Dinner also prepared very early. Kids nap very long time (YAY) and i managed to do some designing. So by the time its was for dinner, I so eksyen said "Okay.. stop playing now! Come Sek Farn (eat rice)", and the kids dropped the toys and ran to the kitchen. Then i said "Okay go and play your toys again! I forgot to press the cook button at the rice cooker :P" My boys were shivering in hunger "mami i want eat yice...." the small one said. The big one "Mami..please i am Hungry!". "Hehe no rice ah... mami forgot to press cook button. Sorry ah.. wait okay?" And by the time the dinner was served, either my cooking is super nice or... they are just too hungry. Hehe

I know, I know.. must remember to press the COOK button ma..

28 comments:

  1. :p Your mind must have wandered to either on the designs or on the sewing.. ngam moe?
    not that i jeered at u..but bec i have experienced that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to have experience the same thing...wait and wait and asked why the rice not cooked yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. multi tasking is not easy, we tend to forget certain things in between. I am like that also during weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no wonder ur sons hyperactive, mother also like dat. :P but then it is good lar, they have your good genes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels very good to be able to earn and spend our own money hor?

    You are 1 super geng mami! *salutes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah! it happens (forgetting to press the 'cook' button) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It happened once to me before but never again, hopefully;) We invited some close friends over for dinner.. ended up dinner was delayed for an hour.. Hubby even teased if I wanted him to go and "dabau" rice back. cheh..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you are very efficient wor. Multi tasking, something man find it difficult. Hahaha!

    I also like to earn and spend my own money. I miss those days where I can go overseas every year from the income from part time job I had. But not anymore.... hb asked me to quit after giving birth to bb. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahhaha...sasha, you really makes me LOL. But it do happens to me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a SUPERMOM ok, jes accept it puhless! haha! eh i jes encountered that the day before. i lupa on the button too! $#%@#$%@$#%@ and tummy growling edi... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. when u are hungry, apa also sedap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the soup that you cooked. I will try it one day, as my children too can eat without soup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sasha,
    I was introduced to your blog by a friend when I was expecting my first back in 2008 (he said I should blog like you!)....and I'm still an avid fan (I'm a reader...definitely not a blogger) You are so funny yet real and talented. Don't ever let anyone say otherwise! I've never left a comment before but really felt I needed to this time as I'm keen to learn your braise chicken recipe. I'm expecting my 2nd and being so far away from home, a simple recipe like this would be awesome to learn! Could you be more specific in measurements, weight, temperature and time, if possible? I'll be adding you to my FB, if you don't mind. You can reply to me there! Keep up the great work! :)

    Sincerely & with best regards,
    WL Masse

    ReplyDelete
  14. well done sasha...good time management!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are really farny... Good that you are laughing at yourself... Something I have to learn. I know what you mean about earning your own income... so mar farn if have to ask pple for money everytime you wanna buy some something. So lucky you know how to do so many things but I know lar it's really not easy on the time management side... Which really leaves you not a free moment. Kudos to you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You probably also very good in time management too..

    forgetfulness cause by lots of things in the mind perhaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I salute you,nonid try be supermum.you already one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha....hungry kids + delicious food = clean bowl yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way to go, lady! Keep persevering. I'll see you at the top one day, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahahahaha .... that was funny! But thanks for sharing the recipe, they looks good!

    If that's not supermom, I don't know how to address you .... I can't manage to do that even if I wanted to coz I just can't do so many things at a time! *>"<*

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohmigosh that is so funny but so true! it happens to all of us!!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for being so hilarious! I pressed the WRONG button once and ended up burning my boy's porridge (with all the nutritious vege stock)! Keep writing, love reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahhahahaha... I'm like you... I like those 'dump' recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ur recipe no need to add water ar?

    ReplyDelete
  25. you really maximize every single minute you have! good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi. Just managed to catch up on your blog.

    Wah. You can sew pretty well. Kinda like the crayon pouch. Nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. i've experienced this many times before - glad to know I ain't alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've experienced this many times before...good to know i'm not alone. LOL

    ReplyDelete