Anyway when I go to the market, I'd ask the chicken seller to remove the bone for the chicken thigh. I usually use chicken thigh, cos although JD and I love chicken wing, it comes with the chicken breast and we don't like chicken breast. The bone will be saved and used to boil soup.
Marinate the chicken with (mix them
Up in a bowl and rub the chicken thoroughly):
• 1-2 tsp Chinese wine
• A little salt
• A dash of pepper
• 1tsp of sesame oil
• 2 garlic and spring onion to put under the chicken ( read on and you will understand)
Leave it in yr fridge and thaw it to room
Temperature before cooking
The rice, you need:
• 2 garlic , chopped
• 4 slices of ginger
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 1 tsb oil for frying the rice (I use butter, yum yum)
• Pandan leaves , tie in a knot
• Washed and drained rice
How to cook in rice cooker:
1. Fry garlic, ginger and shallots with oil/butter till fragrant (press cook)
2. Add in rice and fry till they look a little yellow
3. Add in pandan leaves
4.. Add in enough water just like how u cook your rice everyday
5. Place the garlic and spring onion
6. Place the chicken on top of the garlic and spring onion
7. Close the cover and let it cook
So while the chicken rice is cooking, prepare the sauce for the chicken:
• 3 tsp of soya sauce
• 2 tsbp hot water
• 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
• 1/4 tsp of sugar
Mix them well and pour on the chicken.
Here is the outcome when the rice and chicken is cooked.
Since I have removed the bones, I can easily cut the chicken perfectly with scissors when I transfer them to a plate. Add on fresh tomatoes and cucumbers and drizzle the sauce on the chicken.