Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Pasta Sauce Fried Rice

The amount of fried rice cooked last year is more than the accumulated times I have cooked throughout my life before MCO 😂

I think everyone is just too tired of thinking what to cook everyday. Sometimes we just wanna take a break and cook something simple. But then we don't want to cook the same thing over and over again. Then what to do? Cook in different variations 😁

This time I've used Prego's Pasta sauce for my fried rice. I've tried cooking with tomato sauce earlier and it's not bad. So I thought this time I'll try with pasta sauce and see how it goes.

Surprisingly my kids love it. They say taste like pasta (haha of course) but it's rice! They gave me thumbs up.

The ingredients for Pasta sauce fried rice:
Garlic
Bacon
Corn from the can
Carrots
Eggs
Pasta sauce of your choice 
Overnight rice

I did a video for this as I wanted to show my kids how to cook, but then my wok wasn't suitable and the rice stuck at the bottom of the wok. Perhaps, if there's request for it then maybe I'll make a video I'm the future 😬

Pasta Sauce Fried Rice with furikake sprinkled on top. If you want you can even add a fried egg  on top. (yes, more egg!! 🤤)

The texture is slightly wet compared to the normal fried rice where the rice is all well separated. This fried rice's texture is more of like kimchi fried rice, slightly wet and very flavourful in each scoop of rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment