Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Easy Portugese Egg Tart

Went to Bake with Yen the other to look for something and then I saw these in the freezer. Ah cool! Let's buy and keep at home just in case we wanna make some during MCO 3.0
it's ready made tart base and egg tart topping. There are 20 tarts and the liquid was said to make 20 too. You have to keep both in freezer till it's time to use. 

This morning I wanted to make just 10 Portugese Egg tarts so I thawed 10 tart base and cut the liquid portion into half. First half, I stored it back into the freezer (in another closed container, you don't wanna contaminate it). The other half I cut them into cubes so it's easier to thaw.
As for the tart base, thaw them and poke holes at the bottom.
When the liquid is melted and tart thawed to room temperature, Scoop the liquid equally into the tarts.
Surprisingly, it's really just ngam ngam (enough) for 10 tarts.

And then into the oven at 150degree for 25mins or so depending on your oven. 
and... Breakfast, teatime is ready for my kids who's forever hungry now that they are teenagers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment